Liebster Blog Award!

Monday, July 23, 2012

A good friend of mine, Lexie from Lexie Reads, nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award! Thank you so much babe! This award is for new bloggers with less than 200 followers.

Basically what the award is about:

Award winners share 11 facts about themselves, answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who tagged them, come up with 11 of their own questions and tag 11 more bloggers with the award.
Eesh, so difficult.

{ 11 Self - Facts }
  1. I used to be a dancer & a cheerleader.
  2. I get obsessive about hobbies pretty easily. I totally immerse myself in it (such as photography & scrapbooking).
  3. I love felines. Big and small. I was going to be a vet/zoo keeper one day just to work with big cats such as tigers and lions.
  4. I can't stand to watch t.v. shows and/or movies most of the time now because I find myself wanting to read instead.
  5. I love to goof around. My hubby is my best friend because he goofs around with me. My kids love it too.
  6. I'm a city girl, but I have dreams of living in a small town one day (though I'd miss having quick access to the Mall of America like I do now, lol)
  7. I'm a huge computer nerd. Well, I'm a tech nerd in general.
  8. I rarely play games, but if I do, I prefer to play PC games vs. PS3 or Xbox 360.
  9. I've never been on an airplane...ever, but I would love to travel one day.
  10. I hate having short hair. My hair has been long most of my life.
  11. I love to drive. It's really relaxing and I love the sense of going somewhere that's worth traveling to (even if it's just to the grocery store around the corner, haha). 

{ 11 Questions to be Answered }
  1. If you could choose a book outside your genre, what would it be and why?
    A
    : An autobiography from anyone I admire as a person. I'm not much of a non-fiction person though.
  2. E-books or Physical Books? Why?
    A:
    Both. E-books is my preference now because I read so much and it's more convenient & space efficient. Physical books because no book lover can hate physical books. The smell, the feel of a good story in your hands, etc.
  3. What one book you'll recommend to a person who has never read fictional books?
    A: Well it would have to depend on the person. I suppose I would choose something contemporary so it's not a total 180 degrees from non-fiction. A great contemporary: On The Island by Tracey Garvis Graves.
  4. If you could buy only 5 books for the entire year, what would it be?
    A: Eesh. That's tough. Any of Kristen Ashley's new releases throughout the rest of the year, lol. And whatever sequel comes out that is a sequel to one of my favorite books. Whichever 5 comes out first, that would be it. I'm not patient to wait around.
  5. What is your all-time favorite book? Just ONE. Okay, unfair, TWO then.
    A: Ooh, that's really tough! I'm just going to go with whatever made me cry a lot or the hardest since I'm all about the angst. Deeper by Megan Hart & Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens.
  6. What is the title of the book you haven't finished because you couldn't get into it? Explain.
    A: Once I start a book, I always try to finish it. I don't know why, but it's just something I have to do. One that I haven't "continued" yet is Shattered Souls by Mary Lindsey. I just couldn't get into it. It wasn't emotionally connecting with me so I stopped reading it for something else. I hear great things about it so I will try to finish it again one day... when I'm in the mood for it.
  7. Paranormal or Dystopian?
    A: Lex! Why the tough questions?! A year ago, I would've said paranormal with no hesitations, but there has been some good dystopians lately. I'm a romance reader though so... I will have to say paranormal just because romance is a bit more romantic when, you know, you're not surviving & fighting for your life.
  8. If you only have three questions you could ask your favorite author, what would it be?
    A: How did you come up with the premise of the story? What was your inspiration? How does the story come to you while you write each scene with its' changes and whatnot?
  9. Most Memorable book for you.
    A: Any of my favorite books, but Deeper by Megan Hart is still haunting to me even though I've read it ages ago.
  10. What is your habit when reading a book?
    A: Habit? I don't think I have one? I'm usually lying down on the couch, floor or bed when reading. I'm not always drinking or eating, but 90% of the time when I'm reading at home, I'm lying down.
  11. What movie based from books are you religiously waiting for?
    A: The rest of the Hunger Games Trilogy. 50 Shades of Grey. Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. The Mortal Instruments series... I'm not a movie person so I'm the last person to ask about movies. I'm terrible at knowing what's turning into a movie adaptation ...until some person asks if I'm going to see it because it's been out in theaters for a while, lol. But those are the ones I can think of. 
My 11 Questions }
  1. Is it due to a someone(s) or a certain book(s) that instilled your love of reading in you?
  2. Is there a certain "reading nook" you find yourself reading at most of the time?
  3. Whom do you love sharing your love of books with most?
  4. Reading is synonymous with writing. Do you write? If so, what?
  5. You're already a book blogger, are you a book tuber as well (youtube book vlogger)?
  6. Has a book ever made you cry? If so, which book(s)?
  7. Do you have your own library at home?
  8. What's your favorite snack & drink during reading time?
  9. If you had to choose between the two: paperback or hardback?
  10. Do you ever listen to audiobooks or text-to-speech on an e-reader? If so, do you like it?
  11. Can you listen to music or have a movie/t.v. show on while reading?
{ My Nominations }
  1. Dee from Well Pin a Rose on your Nose.
  2. Lee, Ally & Melissa from Rally The Readers.
  3. Sophie from The Dreaming Reader
  4. Ashley from Quixotically Uncharted.
  5. Rain & Dina from Reading Infection.
Technically that's 8 people :0) Thanks again Lexie for nominating me. To those I've tagged, have fun!

2 bibliophiles:

Lexie said...

Laughing and smiling! :P Laughing cause now that I think of it, my questions are really hard. :P I thought of those questions for an hour! Smiling cause I love your answers, babe! :P

I totally agree with the smell of the books! I usually smell it before reading it. :P I know, I'm such a weird person. Thanks for answering it babe! :) You're such a good sport! <3

Hannah said...

Woot! Congrats! I'm actually here to nominate you for another award!

You've been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award! Congrats! See here for info: http://bookhavenextraordinaire.blogspot.com/2012/07/versatile-blogger-award.html

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Mzalisakay. What The Smut... 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.