Review: Immortal Rider by Larissa Ione

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Immortal Rider by Larissa Ione
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Series: Lords of Deliverance #2

Sexy, powerful, and immortal, Limos is on a crash course with destiny. She’s been marked as Satan’s bride and her jealous fiancĂ© wants her all to himself. The only way this Horseman can keep herself—and everyone else—safe is to keep her distance. But not even Limos can save herself from the secrets she’s kept . . . or resist the seductive allure of one very brave human.

Arik Wagner knows the saying “love hurts” better than most, yet he never thought stealing a kiss from Limos would land him in Hell. Literally. It takes all his military training to survive the demon torture, but once he’s topside, Arik realizes that the agony has just begun. With the Apocalypse looming and Satan demanding his bride, will Arik and Limos surrender to the desire smoldering between them? Or will giving in to their passion unleash hell on earth?


This is the second book in the series and is a spin-off of Ione's Demonica series. I'm a big fan of her works. I was definitely looking forward to the book before it came out. At the end of the first book in this series, Eternal Rider, Ione provided a small teaser chapter and it definitely teased! But by the time I got the book, I had other books I was more interested in reading. But you know, being a popular book that's newly released, I went ahead and read this even though I wasn't in the mood for it. Just so I can join discussions and review it and whatnot.

I've read multiple reviews saying that it's hard to want to relate to the female character in this story. The character, Limos, is selfish, hotheaded, and often times, immature. I agree; the only thing that interested me was the story itself and Arik, the male character. Now he was yummy and made the story worth it.

There was so much going on in this book. I usually never reacquaint myself with previous books in a series because I figure I can get the gist of it or it'll stir my memory once I start. I like to think I've got a great memory. Ha, I got confused a few times because of all that was happening and the author didn't reference what she was talking about previously. So I wouldn't think it's great as a stand-alone. Obviously it wouldn't be if you wanted the overall story, but even if you just wanted to read about Limos' and Arik's relationship, it would still be a bit confusing at times. At least Ione's not one to repeat the same information from book to book to book like some authors do. That, too, can get annoying.

Though I don't like the female character much, it was still a great book which is unsurprising because, I mean, it's Larissa Ione! Her style of writing, in my opinion, stays consistent. What you get from the Demonica series, is the same type of writing and style as you get throughout this series. No inconsistencies where stories aren't as riveting as before or in some cases, the books get better further into the series. No, she's great through and through. Some say that, for the Demonica series, it gets better further into the series, but I personally think it's just a matter of whose character you like more in these type of books.

So while the story was great, I'm sure it's not going to be a favorite of mine from this series because she's not a character I'm crazy about. If it does happen to be one of the best books from the series, it would only be because of Arik's character. Huh, I wonder if I am bashing her because of the fact that she gets to end up with Arik. Lol. The book does have major events happening in the book that foreshadows into Thanatos' character, which is titled on GR as Lethal Rider. That will be released around June 2012. Booooo! So long :0(

If you have not read this series, I would highly recommend it. It is a spin-off from the Demonica series so it's not required to read that series before this, but I would recommend it. The characters do make reappearances in this new series and there are some references that may fly over your head or confuse you a bit if you don't read the Demonica series first.  It's nice to know most of the character's background, why they are the way they are and where they stand in the overall grand scheme of things.

For those who have read it, I just wanted to let you know.... I can't wait until Reseph's story. Or O.M.G., Reaver's story! Reavie-Weavie :0)

0 bibliophiles:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Mzalisakay. What The Smut... 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.