Review: The Dragon Who Loved Me by G.A. Aiken

Friday, September 9, 2011

The Dragon Who Loved Me by G.A. Aiken
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Series: Dragon Kin #5


I was raised for battle. And as the first daughter of a warrior family, I've earned my reputation the hard way. Yet now I fight alongside uncivilized male Northland dragons who think a female is only good for breeding and waiting back home in the cave. But it's the foolish and foolhardy who would try to stop me, Rhona the Fearless, from doing what I do best—destroying the enemies of my kind.

So the smartest thing wily barbarian Vigholf the Abhorrent can do for me is stay out of my way as we risk all on a deadly mission in enemy territory. I don't care if he's fascinated by me, even though he is as attractive as he is resourceful. He's having far too much fun putting me in difficult situations and testing my sense of duty to the limit. And I'm going to enjoy challenging his insufferable confidence, outwitting his schemes, and making him surrender in the wildest ways. . .

I love this series. It's my favorite dragon-shifter series so far. Now, I wasn't really looking forward to the particular couple focused in this story. I was looking forward to these two other characters', Izzy and Eibhear, story instead. However, because of the plot, this story was essential before getting to Izzy and Eibhear's story. Because of that, I understand the developmental time-line the author is writing towards.

The couple that was focused on in this story was Rhona, the Fearless and Vigholf, the Abhorrent. As I said, I wasn't too interested in this couple, but the story was still great. I still enjoyed it and it was still interesting to me. It didn't detract me from wanting to continue the series; in fact, it did the opposite. Aiken spent a lot of time developing the whole story, world and characters, and you can tell all that from the flow of the story within one book to another. It's an excellent series that I highly recommend. I loved the new characters introduced in this book; especially this one-eyed hunk of a rebel dragon. Annwyl, the original and first female in this series, is as funny as ever! The characters in this story, along with the writing, just makes you wish this world was real and that you were a part of this dynamic family. This book does include a huge turning point and some key important moments so I wouldn't recommend reading this series out of order. Some series you can because they can be read-alone books, but this series is not. You'd be a bit confused.

Overall, get this book. It's a great book. The romance is hilarious because it's one of those "you annoy me, I hate you" type of relationships that just become what they are and they're all the better for it. The nookie scenes aren't many, but they're good.

0 bibliophiles:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Mzalisakay. What The Smut... 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.